It is impossible to imagine a model without a photo portfolio. When contacting any modeling agency, you will be required to have high-quality photos that reveal your potential. Therefore, both novice models and girls who are just planning to enter the modeling business need their own portfolio.
What is a model portfolio?
This is a collection of photographs that show the model in many ways and reveal her ability to pose. Photos must be of high quality and meet certain requirements.
What should be a portfolio?
The portfolio should include the following images:
- Simple facial portrait from multiple angles
- Knee-deep portrait in any clothes
- Photo in sportswear
- Full length photo in a swimsuit
- Full-length photo in shorts and short T-shirt
- Photo in profile with a hat
- Close-up portrait with evening makeup and hair
- Full-height photo in evening dress
- Photo of a model advertising something
- Photos when doing sports
- Photo outdoors in a full-length dress
- Photo outdoors in casual clothes
- A genre shot that plays up a certain situation
It should also be noted that the portfolio should contain pictures of various types of makeup: no makeup, with everyday light makeup and with evening makeup.
How to make a model portfolio?
To create a portfolio, you need to conduct a professional photo session. It is impossible to select photographs from home archives, however extensive it may be. Only professional photographer, knowing the requirements and specifics of such work, will do everything at the proper level.
Most of the portfolio is shot in a photo studio (about 80% of all photographs). To complement the image, some of the photographs are taken outdoors, in the park, in nature.