hyaluronic acid (HA) is an integral part of most anti-aging creams. Thanks to it, the skin ceases to be dry, the number of wrinkles is noticeably reduced. It is also actively used in such a procedure as hair mesotherapy at the Gold laser clinic.
What is hyaluronic acid for?
- It transports fluid throughout the body, delivering it to every cell. Moreover, the most interesting thing is that hyaluronic acid "does not offend" anyone - those who are thirsty, it immediately supplies the necessary amount of fluid, and those parts of the body where there is enough water - will leave alone until they require another portion of fluid.
- Remarkably retains fluid in the intercellular space, due to which the tissue regains its original shape after compression, for example, after wearing a tight-fitting belt.
- It is a reliable protector of joints and eyes. With a deficiency, people begin to develop arthritis. For the eyes, hyaluronic acid supports intraocular pressure and overall eye health.
- Thanks to her, the skin shines with health. Deficiency causes the appearance of wrinkles, the complexion becomes earthy, the skin ceases to resist external adverse influences.
Hyaluronic acid is produced by fibroblast cells. Unfortunately, with age, its functions are impaired, as a result of which the amount of HA is significantly reduced. This leads to dry skin and wrinkles. But the main enemy for fibroblasts is intense ultraviolet radiation. If, after sunbathing, a person is burned, then the production of HA stops for a long time. Therefore, when sunbathing, know when to stop.
As already mentioned, hyaluronic acid is included in many creams, as well as various lotions and shampoos. Their use moisturizes the skin well. The great thing is that overdose is almost impossible. But even in spite of this, before deciding to buy cosmetics with a high content of this active substance, you should consult a dermatologist. In any case, it will not hurt you to know about the percentage of this acid in cream, shampoos and other types of cosmetics for various purposes:
- Cosmetics intended for daily skin and hair care should contain HA from 0,005 to 0,1%.
- Cosmetics used as sunscreen - 0,1 to 1%.
- Means for professional care - from 0,1 to 5%.
But perhaps the most effective and fast-acting remedy is the injection of HA under the skin or into a muscle. In this case, the skin is smoothed much faster than the simple use of cosmetics. Swelling and redness may appear at the injection sites, but there is no need to worry about this, since these defects are temporary.